Citadele bank website redesign

Project scope

Citadele wanted redesign on their website, but couldn't quite describe the scope in a detail that developers needed, mainly because they where not sure of what each page should contain. To help with this struggle we offered to divide project in two stages: research and development.

Project scope

Citadele wanted redesign on their website, but couldn't quite describe the scope in a detail that developers needed, mainly because they where not sure of what each page should contain. To help with this struggle we offered to divide project in two stages: research and development.

Research

Research part started by stakeholder interview where we talked with the president of the bank to get overall agenda of this project and where the bank is heading. Parallel to that we made web analytics report of existing page with findings on how people use their site and which are the pain points. In a workshop with client team we came up with customer segmentation which was handy for recruiting people for user interviews and building a content structure later. According to user interviews and findings in analytics, Citadele was really dependent on campaigns and different landing pages. To make this part of communication efficient they needed a tool to create those landing pages by themselves. 

Research

Research part started by stakeholder interview where we talked with the president of the bank to get overall agenda of this project and where the bank is heading. Parallel to that we made web analytics report of existing page with findings on how people use their site and which are the pain points. In a workshop with client team we came up with customer segmentation which was handy for recruiting people for user interviews and building a content structure later. According to user interviews and findings in analytics, Citadele was really dependent on campaigns and different landing pages. To make this part of communication efficient they needed a tool to create those landing pages by themselves. 

Development

Technical and design solution was to build a modular system that allowed people at Citadele to make landing pages whenever they needed. There are 15 different modules, that can be combined. At the beginning of development we agreed to work according SCRUMBAN, which allowed us to be flexible on what to deliver first. Therefore all design and development process was organized in a way that product pages were replaced one by one till whole website was updated. Because Citadele had specific security requirements and internal team working with Ruby On Rails we developed this project on Ruby. Overall development lasted 18 months and had about 10 different integrations.

Development

Technical and design solution was to build a modular system that allowed people at Citadele to make landing pages whenever they needed. There are 15 different modules, that can be combined. At the beginning of development we agreed to work according SCRUMBAN, which allowed us to be flexible on what to deliver first. Therefore all design and development process was organized in a way that product pages were replaced one by one till whole website was updated. Because Citadele had specific security requirements and internal team working with Ruby On Rails we developed this project on Ruby. Overall development lasted 18 months and had about 10 different integrations.

Result

One year after the launch of this tool, there are over 70 pages created with this "constructor". Just to remind that before this tool it was manual work to create those and mostly result was very text-based pages. There were also some cases with unexpectedly high conversions.

Parallel to this project we also made corporate webpage for Citadele mother company CBL Group. We continue to work with Citadele on implementing new products and features.

Result

One year after the launch of this tool, there are over 70 pages created with this "constructor". Just to remind that before this tool it was manual work to create those and mostly result was very text-based pages. There were also some cases with unexpectedly high conversions.

Parallel to this project we also made corporate webpage for Citadele mother company CBL Group. We continue to work with Citadele on implementing new products and features.

SHOW ME MORE