User centered redesign for UniCredit Leasing baltics
UniCredit Leasing, the Baltic subsidiary of the leading European bank group Unicredit, was going to redesign their webpage and implement new features in it. During pitch presentation when we where asked to give our expertise on new features, we presented user centered design approach and the benefits of that. People at Unicredit got interested in our proposal and reconsidered project development involving user research phase.
We started off by doing interviews with stakeholders from each Baltic department. It was important talk, because each state has its own department and market conditions, therefore, its goals. Interviews helped to understand that from all the products, website has to focus on car leasing. It also got everyone involved an built trust within both teams which made further process fluent.
Next step was web-analytics for the existing pages where we looked at Google Analytics and Hotjar session recordings. At the catalogue of cars available for leasing we saw that everyone likes to look at the car images and few people really use filtering to refine results. But the most valuable lesson was that calculator is the main interaction object.
To clarify target segments for webpage, we held a segmentation workshop for client team. From this point we organized early stage wireframe test along with interviews in all three states. We learned that private/business segmentation is needed, because users that are not business get confused seeing something like "industrial leasing" in menu and considers this page is not for them. Also the importance of the calculator clarified - people needed it to be simple and indicative instead of advanced and precise. Key finding for Unicredit to embrace was that speed and simplicity is needed over precision and details. During interviews we also found out that people expected Unicredit consultants to be friendly and sympathetic to their individual circumstances, this gave us insight about the tone of voice needed for the website.
Findings from researches along with updated page structure where presented to Unicredit. Research pointed at many issues that have to be improved. By having weekly iteration meetings with client, we created new wireframe prototype.
At this point, client decided to involve us in content creation. Better later than never ; ) . We started by analyzing existing content and along with generated report we set new goals for content creation. As client agreed to our proposal, we started to implement content into design sketches.
During the development phase, we set up events for measuring site performance with Google Analytics and Hotjar. To ensure that client can analyze those data by themselves we organized a workshop to teach that. For now analytics data is collecting along with new applications for leasing : )